Frequently Asked Questions
Shipping & Delivery
Do you ship worldwide?
I don't ship everywhere in the world, but I do ship everywhere in North America, the UK, a number of European countries, and Australia. If I don't ship to your country, feel free to contact me, and I'll see what I can do.
How much will I pay for shipping?
Orders over CAD$75 ship free everywhere. Under CAD$75 rates are $12 to Canada, $15 everywhere else. Shipping upgrades are available at checkout.
How long will it take to receive my order?
I usually complete your order within 3 to 10 days -- it depends on how busy I am and how complicated the magic is to make. Please allow 2 to 4 weeks to receive your order in Canada, 2 to 8 weeks in the US, and 4 to 12 weeks internationally.
You'll receive an email when your order is shipped. For orders shipping to the US and Canada, tracking is included. Outside of the US and Canada, standard shipping is untracked.
More information is available in my shipping policy.
Can I pick up my order?
Yes! If you live in the Ottawa area, or will be passing through, you can pick up at my home in Kanata. Choose local pickup at checkout.
Do you deliver?
I can deliver to certain locations in the west end of Ottawa under certain circumstances. Contact me for more info.
How will my order be packaged?
To save on paper waste, I do not include a printed copy of your receipt with your order, unless you request it prior to shipping. You'll receive a copy of your receipt in your order confirmation.
All jewelry comes packaged in a box or gift pouch and includes a description of the symbolism of the piece and, if applicable, the properties of the gemstones used.
Family tree wall art is packaged in a custom made gift box with a description of the symbolism of the tree of life and properties of the gemstones used in the tree.
Other products are packaged and/or wrapped to prevent damage during shipping. Ingredients and instructions for use are included where applicable.
How do I choose a necklace length?
The choice of length will depend largely on the preference and size of the person wearing the it.
Standard women's sizing:
16" chains will fit like a choker.
18" chains will fall to the collar bone.
20" to 22" chains will fall between the collarbone and bust line
24" chains will fall to the bust line or below
Choose a necklace one "size" bigger for the same fit. E.g. an 18" necklace will fit like a 16" necklace on most plus size women. As a plus size woman myself, I like a 20" or longer chain.
Lengths typically start at 18", which will fit slightly longer than choker length.
Age 3 - 7: 14"
Age 7 - 13: 16"
13 and older: follow adult sizing
For larger pendants, I recommend at least an 18 or 20 inch chain.
If you're unsure, I can include a detachable 2" chain extender, free of charge.
Do you take custom orders?
Absolutely, I love to create custom magic. Contact me to let me know what you're looking for.
Do you offer any discounts?
Yes, scroll down to become an Uncorked Insider, and I'll send you a code for 30% off.
I've changed my mind, can I cancel or change my order?
Short answer -- maybe. Contact me if you want to change anything and I'll let you know.
Long answer -- It depends -- if I haven't started working on your order yet, you can change it. If I've started working on it, I might still be able to make changes. If it's shipped, I'm sorry, I can't make any changes.
I'd like to add or remove something from my order. How do I do that?
As long as your order hasn't shipped, contact me to let me know what you'd like to add remove. I will modify your order and send you an invoice or process a refund for the difference.
Once You've Received Your Order
How do I take care of my magic?
- Wire wrapped pieces sometimes have rough edges, even after filing and polishing. Handling with care and avoid wearing wire wrapped pieces against fabric that snags easily
- Always remove your jewellery before showering, bathing or sleeping.
- If you need to clean your jewellery, use a soft cloth. Some orders will be packaged with a small cleaning pad.
- All metals will eventually tarnish. Storing jewellery away from air and light can help slow down the oxidization.
- If you want to brighten up tarnished metal, you can use a polishing compound. Make sure to keep polish away from any gemstones or crystals as polish may damage them.
- Some mixed metal pendants can be damaged by polishing. If you plan to polish these pieces, test the results on the back of the piece or in an inconspicuous place first.
- Do not use polishing compounds on tree of life wall art -- this will remove the silver finish
- Some gemstones are sensitive to light and/or water. I recommend keeping home decor pieces in locations where they are sheltered from rain and not in constant direct sunlight. Re-locating your decor piece to different parts of your home from time to time can help ensure that the stones will remain their original colour.
- Some gemstones are dyed -- these can bleed colour if they get wet. I don't often use dyed stones, but it can happen that I receive a shipment of stones that are dyed without knowing. Keeping your magic dry is the best way to avoid any problems with the dye.
Do you offer returns or exchanges?
I want you to be happy with your magic will offer a refund or exchange within 30 days for most products.
I can't offer a refunds or exchanges on personalized items such as family tree wall art or jewellery, or on self care products (for health reasons) unless I've made a mistake in the item, or it has arrived damaged.
If something isn't right, contact me and I will work with you to make it right, one way or another.
More info in my refund policy.
Do you offer a warranty?
Accidents happen, chains break, stones come loose. I want you to treasure your piece of magic for a lifetime. That’s why I offer Uncorked members a lifetime hassle-free warranty. If you become an Uncorked Insider (scroll down to sign up).
If your piece needs repair, message me with a photo of the issue. I will send you the address to ship your item for repair. You are responsible for the shipping charge to me, however, I will cover the cost of shipping back to you.
NOTE: it may not be possible to exactly re-create an item, depending on design and availability of materials. In that case, I may need to change the design or materials used, or replace the item with another of equal value.